Cleaning must become part of your hot tub water management routine if you are to keep water safe for longer as your hot tub doesn’t just collect items such as leaves and insects, but the hot water environment means things like makeup, lotions and oils from the skin can collect in the hot tub over time and without proper sanitation, these items can build up and cause sanitation or health problems.
Cleaning Your Hot Tub In 3 Simple Steps
Drain all of the water from your hot tub.
Wipe the surface with a damp cloth using an appropriate surface cleaner.
Refill your hot tub with water then prepare your water for use.
How To Prepare Your Water
Once you have re-filled your hot tub, the water needs to be prepared ready for use:
- Turn on the pumps and filtration system
- Use test strips to and record the alkalinity and sanitiser levels
- Add alkalinity increaser at the required dosage if necessary
- Add sanitiser at the required dosage
- Test the water again to check the pH levels and adjust the pH to 7.2-7.4 as required
- Give the water a shock treatment of sanitiser to ensure all waterborne bacteria are killed
It is good practice...
to drain and refill your hot tub every 3-4 months, depending on the level of use, the more often you use your hot tub the more often you should replace the water.